Pages

IMG_5314

Monday, July 18, 2011

This weeks adventures

Well this weeks adventures consisted of Harry Potter movie marathons, midnight showings, fondue desserts, and a little Sunday dinner mishap! Quite the eventful week for sure. Skylar and I wanted to watch all of the Harry Potter movies before the newest one came out. So every day I run over to the local Blockbuster and grab a HP movie. Me and the guy who works there have now become good friends! Haha. On Thurs we went to the midnight showing, for those of you who don't know I am married to a Harry Potter nerd! ;) He LOVES the series and was soo excited for the new movie! He had it as a calendar event in his phone for like months! 

This is his "I'm so excited for Harry Potter face!"
 
  His newest dream vacation is to visit Harry Potter World in Orlando! Oh my... funny boy!

So after our late nights with HP we went to a fun little place called The Melting Pot. It's a fondue restaurant and we got this great dessert :)

mmm...yummy!
So here's a good story for ya. Well let's just say anytime I cook, something always has to go wrong. Usually it's just something small and not a big deal, but Sunday was a little ordeal. So Skylar was taking a nap and I went to go check on the roast that was cooking in the oven. We only have one oven mitt, so I decided to use a towel as another one. Well the oven mitt fell out of my hand and onto the bottom of the oven. Me being the bright person I am decided to grab it with the towel. Big mistake! Towel caught on fire, so now the oven mitt and towel are burning in my hand. I scream "Fire!" waking Skylar up from his nap. I don't really know what to do with it, so I start waving it around thinking it'll go out...well that didn't happen. Eventually I throw it in the sink and turn the water on. Skylar comes running in and dumps water on the burning mess and puts it out. Meanwhile I am holding the kitty while all of this madness is going on. All in all, I ended up with a burnt and wet oven mitt and towel, a scalded counter-top, and an unhappy to be woken up husband. So that was our Sunday, in case you're wondering the roast turned out great! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment